NEW DELHI: As
1 came into effect on Monday, several states announced new measures to open up further, inlcuding resuming of bus services, markets and offices.
came after the Centre announced the easing up of the Covid-induced
4.0 across the country. The MHA said the lockdown will continue in containment zones till June 30 and only essential activities will be allowed in those areas.
Here’s how various states and UTs are opening up:Delhi* Chief minister Arvind Kejriwal said barbershops and salons will reopen in Delhi, but spas will remain closed.
* There will be no restrictions on the number of people travelling in four wheelers, two wheelers, auto-rickshaws, e-rickshaws and other vehicles in the city.
* All shops in the markets will be permitted to function. However, if social-distancing is not maintained outside a shop, it will be closed by authorities.
* There will also be no restrictions on the functioning of industries in the national capital.
Haryana* The Haryana government today opened its interstate borders, including those with Delhi.
* Home minister Anil Vij indicated that if the situation demanded curbs could be reimposed on the state’s borders. Vij said that the situation at the borders will be assessed daily.
* The state government also decided to allow interstate movement of people and goods.
* Places of worship, hotels and malls will reopen from June 8.
Gujarat* Life returned to near normal in many parts of Gujarat, notably in Ahmedabad, the state’s worst coronavirus-hit district, as several restrictions were eased in the fifth phase of the lockdown imposed due to thecoronavirus.
* Roads bustled with traffic as people came out in large numbers to visit markets, which are now open till 7pm in all areas except in containment and micro-containment zones.
* In Ahmedabad, a limited number of city buses began plying with 50 per cent seating capacity to maintain social distancing, while autorickshaws hit the roads for the first time in ten weeks.
* The textile market in Surat, among the largest in the country, resumed business after it was sanitised earlier by civic authorities, with shops opening under an odd-even mechanism from 9am to 4pm.
* Government offices opened on Monday with full staff strength, while the sizable numbers that came to the Assembly complex in Gandhinagar were allowed to enter only after being screened with thermal guns.
West Bengal* Most areas of activity resumed across West Bengal as the over-two-month-long lockdown was relaxed, industries and commercial establishments reopened in full strength and shrines threw open their doors.
* People in large numbers came out on the streets of Kolkata, while traffic snarls, a common enough feature in the city pre-lockdown, were noticed at many places.
* Long queues were seen at many bus and autorickshaw stands as government buses plied with full seat occupancy and autorickshaws with just two passengers.
* Ferry services across the Hooghly river resumed but only 40 per cent passengers were allowed on each launch after precautionary checks.
* Government offices, where a 50-per cent