announced on Wednesday.
has also announced standard operating procedures (SOPs) for metro operations amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Here are the guideline issued by the Centre:
* Entry and exit gates at containment zones will remain closed
* Only asymptomatic people will be allowed to travel after thermal screening
* Metro rails can skip stations to maintain social distancing
* Minimum luggage and no metallic items during travel
* In order to ensure social distancing, suitable markings at stations and
will be done
* Wearing of
to be mandatory for all passengers and staff. Metro rail corporations may make arrangements for supply of masks on payment basis to the persons arriving without mask.
* Use of Aarogya Setu App will be encouraged.
* Provision of sanitizers will be made at entry into the stations for use by passengers
* Sanitization of all areas having human interface viz. equipment, train, working area, lift, escalators, handrail, AFC gate, toilets etc. will be done at regular intervals
* Use of Smart Card and cashless/online transactions will be encouraged. Tokens and paper slips/ticket to be used with proper sanitization
* Adequate waiting time at stations to enable smooth boarding/deboarding ensuring social distancing
The Centre said that Delhi, Noida, Chennai, Kochi, Bangalore Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Gujara