NEW DELHI: Prime Minister
on Saturday addressed the nation on the occasion of
from the rampart of Red Fort in the national capital.
Here is a look at key points from his speech —
- This is a day to remember the sacrifices of our freedom fighters. This is also a day to show gratitude to Security personnel including that of Army, paramilitary and police ensuring our safety
- We’re going through distinct times. I can’t see young children in front of me today (at Red Fort). Corona has stopped everyone. In these times of COVID, Corona warriors have lived the mantra of ‘Seva Parmo Dharma’ and served the people of India. I express my gratitude to them.
- PM Narendra Modi pays condolences to the parts of the country facing natural calamities and disasters and reassures our fellow citizens of full support in this hour of need.
- Next year, we are going to celebrate India’s 75th Independence Day. This is a momentous occasion.
- In the midst of the Corona pandemic, 130 crore Indians have pledged to build a Aatma Nirbhar Bharat (self-reliant India).
- In the times of coronavirus, without caring for their lives, our doctors, nurses, para-medical staff, ambulance staff, sanitation workers, police, volunteers and various other people are working 24 hours. I salute them.
- In the midst of the Corona pandemic, 130 crore Indians have pledged to build a Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
- I am confident that India will realize this dream. I am confident of the abilities, confidence and potential of my fellow Indians. Once we decide to do something, we do not rest till we achieve that goal.
- It never happened that there was any part during the time period of India’s slavery that no attempt was made to free the country or nobody made sacrifices for freedom.
- Amid Covid-19 pandemic 130 crore Indians took the resolve to be self-reliant and ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ is on the mind of India. We must be ‘vocal for local’. This dream is turning into a pledge. Aatmanirbhar Bharat has become a ‘mantra’ for the 130 crore Indians today.
- I am confident that India will realise this dream. I am confident of the abilities, confidence and potential of my fellow Indians. Once we decide to do something, we do not rest until we achieve that goal.
- Today, some of the world’s biggest companies are heading towards India. Along with ‘Make in India, we have to adopt the ‘mantra’ of ‘Make for World’ as well.
- To take India towards development there is a need to give a new direction to overall infrastructure development. We will achieve this using National Infrastructure Project.
- One Nation-One Tax, Insolvency, Bankruptcy Code, mergers of banks, is the truth of the country.
- A few months ago, we were importing N-95 masks, PPE kit and ventilators. India is not only making these products to fulfil its needs, but is also helping other nations.
- I am confident that measures like opening up the SPACE sector, will generate many new employment opportunities for our youth and provide further avenues to hone their skills and potential.
- The country is looking forward to spending Rs 100 lakh crore in this direction. As many as 7,000 projects have been identified in different sectors. This would be a revolution in infrastructure.
- This is an era to end silos in infrastructure. To achieve this, a massive scheme Multi-Modal Connectivity Infrastructure has been prepared.
- Some areas of the country have remained underdeveloped. We have identified 110 potential districts. Special efforts are being made to provide better education, health facilities, and employment opportunities to these districts.
- Self-reliance is Indi