Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday addressedIndia-EU Summit via video conferencing. Taking to Twitter, the prime minister had earlier tweeted saying, “I am confident this Summit will further strengthen our economic as well as cultural linkages with Europe”.
The Summit is aimed at further broad basing ties on a range of areas including trade, investment and defence, officials of the 27-nation bloc said.
Here’s what PM Modi said in his address at the summit:
• India and EU are natural partners. Our partnership is also useful for peace and stability in the world. This reality has become even more clear in today’s global situation: PM Modi
• Both India and EU share universal values like democracy, pluralism, inclusivity, respect for international institutions, multilaterism, freedom and transparency: PM Modi
• In the post-Covid world, there have been new challenges in the economic world globally. To solve this, democratic countries must come together: PM Modi
• We’ve till date sent medicines to nearly 150 countries. We have also taken the initiative to create a joint operation against COVID in our region: PM Modi
• We invite the initiative of ‘accelerating the access to COVID tools’ taken by EU and its countries. India’s pharma companies are ready to contribu